OPSC AEE Syllabus 2020 download Civil Engineering AEE Prelims and mains exam pattern. After the successful registration of the online application form for the recruitment of AEE Jobs in Odisha, the aspirants need to focus on Odisha AEE Syllabus and exam pattern 2020 for civil engineering. This helps the candidates to prepare well for the written test. The candidates can get OPSC AEE Exam 2020 prelims and mains syllabus here to ameliorate their preparation.
Odisha AEE Exam 2020 Syllabus pdf
Authority: Odisha public service commission
Category: govt jobs
Name of the job: Assistant executive engineer
Salary: Rs. 15600/- to Rs. 39100/-
Exam date: 29th Nov 2020.
Official website: www.opsc.gov.in.
Odisha AEE syllabus of preliminary examination
Distribution of marks:
Engineering mechanics 10
Strength of materials 10
Concrete structure 10
Steal structure 10
Solid mechanics 10
Fluid mechanics 10
Total – 100 Marks
The questions shall be of objective type of multiple MCQ consisting hundred numbers of questions carrying one mark each with negative marking of 25% for every wrong answer with duration of one and half hour.
OPSC Asst Executive Engineer syllabus for main written examination
distribution of marks:
Paper 1: General studies – 300 marks
Part 1: General science – 200 marks
information technology -20
nuclear science -20
computer technology -20
defense technology -20
space technology -20
total – 200 marks
part 2: general awareness knowledge -100 marks
- history of modern India and Indian culture
The History of modern India will cover the following; 20 marks
- history of India since 1857
- important personalities who shaped the freedom movements in Odisha and India
- social reform movements
2. Indian culture I will cover the following; 20 marks
Indian culture from ancient times to modern Times, temple architecture of Odisha, socio cultural development in Odisha
3. geography of India will cover the following; 20 marks
physical economic and social geography of India, Odisha physiography and drainage system, Odisha natural resources, water forest and minerals climates, natural calamity [food, Tsunami, super cyclone, global warming, etc]
4. Indian polity will include the following; – 20 marks
constitution of India, political system of India, Government and politics in Odisha, Panchayat Raj institutions in Odisha.
5. India and the world – 10 marks
this part is intended to test candidates awareness of India’s relationship with the world in various spheres such as the following; foreign affairs external security and related matters nuclear policy Indians abroad.
6. Indian economy – 10 marks
this part will include the following; planning economic development, economic reforms and development of the corporate sector in India, economic and trade issues, roll and functions of IMF World Bank and WTO, reserve Bank of India- its role and functions, Odisha economy: development during the post reform period
paper 2: specialized paper civil engineering – 300 marks
- solid mechanics: elastic constants, plane stress and plane stain, Mohr’s circle combined stress, elastic theories of failure, simple bending shear, torsion of circular and rectangular sections and simple members bending moment and shear force in statically determinate beams.
2. structural analysis: analysis of determinate structures, different methods including graphical methods. analysis of intermediate skeletal frames, moment distribution, slope deflection, stiffness and force methods energy, method muller-breslau principle and application, plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple frames, shape factors basic concepts of matrix method of structural analysis
3. design of concrete structures: limit state design for bending shear axial compression and combined forces. codal provisions for slabs, beams walls and footings, principle of prestressed concrete design, materials methods of prestressing, losses, design of simple members.
4. design of steel structures based on limit state method analysis and design of tension and compression members, column bases, connections, simple and eccentric beam column connections, plate Girdars and trusses.
5. building materials and building construction
building materials: cement – components, different types setting times, strength, cement mortar, ingredients proportions, water demand mortars for plastering and masonry.
concrete – importance of w/c ratio, strength, ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength, non destructive testing, mix design methods
bricks – types Indian standard classification, absorption saturation factor, strength in masonry
building construction: types of foundation, brick masonry, stone masonry, flooring, causes and prevention of cracks in buildings, damp proofing, special maintenance of building.
6. estimation construction planning and management: Preliminary estimate, detailed estimate, specifications and cost analysis- bar chart linked bar chart, work breakdown structure activity -on -Arrow diagrams, critical path probabilistic activity durations, event based networks pERT networks, time cost study resource allocation.
7. water resources and hydraulic engineering
irrigation engineering: consumptive use of water irrigation systems, water demand assessment storages and their hills, groundwater and well hydraulics, water logging, drainage design, design of rigid boundary canals, Lacay’s and tractive force, concepts in canal design lining of canals, sediment, transport in canals, forces acting on gravity dams and their design, design of headworks, distribution works falls, cross drainage works, outlets; river training.
hydrology hydrological cycle precipitation and related data analysis probable maximum precipitation unit hydrograph and synthetic unit hydrograph evaporation and transpiration fruits and their management design flood dreams and their gauging routing of floods capacity of reservoirs
fluid mechanics: fluid properties, pressure trust, buoyancy flow, kinematics, integration of flow equations, flow measurement, relative motion, moment of momentum, viscosity, boundary layer and control, dimensional analysis, flow development losses in pipe flows, pipe networks, flow measuring equipment and structures.
open channel flow: momentum and energy principles in open channel flow, types of flow, flow sections and properties, normal flow gradually varied flow hydraulic jump
8. environmental engineering
water supply engineering: sources of supply design of Intakes, estimation of demand; water quality, standards primary and secondary treatment, detailing and maintenance of treatment units; conveyance of treatment units, distribution systems of treated water leakages and control institutional and industrial water supply.
wastewater engineering: urban rainwater disposal quantity and characteristics of wastewater, collection of wastewater primary secondary and tertiary treatment of wastewater, sludge disposal, effluent discharge, standards institutional and industrial sewage management
solid waste management: characteristics generations, collections and transportation, engineering systems of solid waste management, reuse recycle, recovery treatment and disposal design and management of landfills.
air and noise pollution: air pollution, sources and impacts, air pollution controls, standards and limits, noise pollution, impacts of noise, permissible limits, measurements and control of noise pollution.
9. geotechnical engineering
soil mechanics: fundamental definitions and interrelationships, properties and classification of files, permeability and seepage, effective stress principles, shear strength, consolidation, compaction stress, distribution in soils.
foundation engineering: types of foundations foundation design requirements, shallow foundations – bearing capacity, settlement analysis in science and place, deep foundations – file types, dynamic and static formula, load carrying capacity of piles in sand sand clay skarma group action, negative skin friction, Earth pressure theories, effect of water table layered soils, stability of slopes subsurface invest investigations scope coma drilling boreholes, sampling, penetration test plate load test your physical test.
10. transportation engineering
Highway engineering: Geometric design of highways, testing and specifications of paving materials design of flexible and rigid pavements
traffic engineering: traffic, characteristics, theory of traffic flow, intersection design, traffic sign and signal design Highway capacity
11. surveying: principles and classification of service mapping concepts, co-ordinate systems, measurement of distance and directions come leveling, Theodolite traversing, contours plane table surveying error and adjustments, Kama total station, concept of global positioning system photogrammetry and remote sensing concepts
distribution of marks
total – 300
- solid mechanics – 30
- structural analysis – 30
- design of concrete structure – 30
- design of steel structure – 30
- building materials and building construction – 30
- estimation construction planning and management – 30
- water resources and hydraulic engineering – 30
- environmental engineering – 30
- geotechnical engineering – 30
- transportation engineering – 20
- surveying – 10
Last date to submit: 25 September 2020
OPSC AEE Exam date: 29th Nov 2020.